How to Create Hockey Game Sheet Labels
Listed below are the steps to create a sheet of 10 team labels with Microsoft Word.
Note: The following instruction could vary depending on your version of Microsoft Word or settings.
· Open the game sheet label template word document
· Enter the players jersey numbers and name not changing the font and spacing
· Save document
· Highlight the entire documents text
· Select – “Mailings” then “Labels”
· Select – “Options” Avery 5163 label (white mailing labels) or Avery 5663 label (transparent), then press “OK”
· Select – “New Document” 10 label sheet will be shown with some of your players
· Highlight the complete 10 label document text
· Under the “Layout” Tab select “Text Direction” that should rotate the text 90 degrees and make all players visible
· Save the document
· Print the document on blank paper and overlay it on a game sheet to verify the spacing as not all printers spacing is exactly the same.
· You can make changes to this document, but you are required to change all 10 labels.
· You may have to create a second document if the coach uses different captains for home and away jerseys.
· Transparent Labels take longer to dry before using them
· You can make the labels fancy by adding the Bandit Logo depending on the quality of your printer
Microsoft Word Documents:
Game sheet samples attached - see MD coaches folder for file
Also Game Sheet submission different tab
GAME SHEET SUBMISSION
· The game may not start until the game sheet is fully completed and approved by the referee.
· The game sheet must be completed by the Home team and given to the Visiting team no less than 15 minutes prior to game time.
· Game sheet copies are to be distributed to each teams’ coach immediately following the game by the timekeeper.
· The top white copy of the game sheet must be deposited in the GLHA box at the arena immediately after the game has been played, except when necessary for the game officials to file a game report. It is the responsibility of the Timekeeper to make sure the top white copy is put into the box.
· All tournament game sheets together with a summary sheet are to be put in the game sheet box within 48 hours after completion of tournament or the coach may be suspended, at the discretion of the GLHA Disciplinary Committee, until they are received.
· All Exhibition and Away (non-local) games need to be photocopied and submitted into the game sheet box within 48 hours after the completion of the game.
· A certified Trainer must be on the game sheet. Failure to have a certified Trainer on the game sheet will result in a suspension to both Head Coaches and the game replayed.
· All penalties must appear on game sheet.
· Head coach is responsible for players/coaches to sit out suspension(s) as per OHF minimum suspension list or additional suspensions could be given by GLHA. Suspensions must be listed on game sheets.
· It is recommended that coaches keep copies of game sheets for their records until the end of the season.
Game Sheet Responsibilities
Home timekeeper to distribute
Photocopy game sheet and put into box with 48 hrs
Complete summary, photocopy game sheets, staples as a package and put into box with 48 hrs